Happy New Year to all of you POTsies out there. I'm laying in bed, hoping I have enough energy to stay up until midnight, since I don't want to break my 32 year record of seeing the Times Square ball drop (several times in person). This is the time of year when we should be grateful for what we have and hopeful for what the year ahead holds for us.
With that in mind, here are my New Year's Resolutions for 2011:
1. Eat super healthy, gain some muscle weight, don't forget to drink 3 liters of fluid per day and get more than 3,000 mg of sodium per day.
2. Try to get a little bit of exercise everyday, starting with exercising in bed and gradually increasing my tolerance levels to the point where I can walk 1 mile without passing out.
3. Keep researching for answers & solutions and don't give up!
4. Keep looking for the best doctors and don't waste energy being mad or upset about doctors who don't want to help or aren't able to help me.
5. Enjoy every minute of every day I get to spend with my loving family, my friends who stuck by me and my dog who never leaves my side (she even jumped onto the ambulance stretcher as they were rushing me away to the ER once).
6. Be thankful for the good things I do have in my life (see #5).
7. Smile and try to have fun at least once a day, even on the worst days.
8. Find my sense of humor that I seem to have lost.
9. Start that Beach Plum orchard I've always wanted to plant in my yard.
10. Share my experience with as many people as possible to help raise awareness about dysautonomia and POTS.